April Rudat, Registered Dietitian and successful breastfeeding mother of twins, provides a complete handbook of breastfeeding tips for moms who want to breastfeed more than one baby at a time! In addition, since April began her journey of “multiple motherhood” in an oblivious state, she compiled many helpful hints on simplifying life with twins just for you!
~ Learn what you need to know NOW, as a pregnant mom beginning your multiple motherhood journey:
Read about why you may want to breastfeed twins, what you’ll need and what you won’t, how to get ready before your bundles of joy arrive, how to keep track of everything twins, how to breastfeed successfully, how to save money, and which resources are truly helpful.
~ Learn about your breasts:
Read simple anatomy and physiology tidbits that show how it is possible to breastfeed multiple babies. Also learn about common breastfeeding problems, pumping for two, tandem breastfeeding outside the home, and fashion for the breastfeeding mom of multiples.
~ Learn from a mom who has been through it all:
Read about the trials and tribulations in the first year of life with twins to include information on doctor’s appointments, weight checks, the perfect nursing chairs for tandem breastfeeding, nursing strikes, sleeping through the night, beginning solids, introducing cups, illnesses, using one crib or two, throwing first birthday parties, and much, much more!
Finally, here is a practical, fun, and educational guide to breastfeeding and caring for multiples! With 23 comprehensive and easy to read chapters and three excellent appendices, OH YES YOU CAN BREASTFEED TWINS! will make breastfeeding and caring for multiples a simpler feat!
Part I: What You Need to Know NOW!
• Why should you breastfeed multiples
• What you need...And what you don't
• Setting up the nursery to breastfeed
• Forms, logs, and growth curves for breastfed babies
• Being a successful breastfeeding mother of multiples
• Multiples money saving tips
Part II: All About Boobs
• Lactation basics: What your breasts can do
• Breastfeeding ailment descriptions and treatments
• Nipple confusion and nursing strike tips
• Pumping tips
• The roles of your breasts
• Breastfeeding outside the home
• Fashion tips
Part III: What I Did and What I Learned
• My twin labor experience
• Beginning breastfeeding twins
• Challenges in the first days of life with twins
• A description of each stage of life with multiples
• Softcover, 252 pages
• By April Ruday